At Expert Manual Therapy, we strive to help our patients reclaim their lives with the finest physical therapy services available.
Physical therapy in Austin is a medical service meant to help rehabilitate patients who have:
- undergone intense surgeries,
- lost normal function in limbs,
- suffered serious injuries, and
- practically anything else that makes living a normal life with a functioning body difficult.
This is a crucial service that often goes unthought of until it becomes a necessity. While getting immediate dire help in situations such as worksite accidents, wrecks, or medical situations that require surgeries is typically the focus of those suffering from something traumatic, physical therapy goes beyond that life-saving or life-changing treatment in a way that is just as important. It ensures that someone can regain what is lost, such as muscular strength, range of motion, balance, and mobility, after something seriously affects them.
Many of the issues we mentioned can only be successfully rehabilitated with slow, intentional, exercise guided by a trained professional who understands how to slowly restore the injured part’s functionality without causing further harm by trying too hard too soon or performing such exercises in unsafe environments.
For many, not receiving physical therapy to help properly rehabilitate after an injury or surgery can result in the affected body part becoming worse or never fully healing.
Conditions and Injuries Treated
Physical therapy in Austin can include a large variety of dramatically different treatments for an even larger variety of conditions and injuries.
Typically, physical therapy is used to restore:
- dexterity, or range of motion to a specific part of the body affected by a condition or injury.
- surgically repaired knees,
- severely broken hands, wrists, arms, or legs that have been in casts for a long time or required surgical repair to heal properly,
- severe neck injuries that have affected the spinal system, and
- other things that occur fairly frequently.
- Targeted Healing: Most of our services focus on providing targeted healing. If there are problematic symptoms of an accident or injury, our team discovers the root cause of the issue, develops a treatment plan focused entirely on helping your body repair that issue and we dedicate ourselves to guiding you through the treatment plan.
- Post-Surgical Therapy: Post-surgical therapy is a key part of most surgical repairs. It ensures that the affected part heals properly, and it helps the patient adjust to changes that occur due to surgical implants and other common solutions.
- Backpain Therapy: Chronic back pain is a very common condition that typically stems from a prior injury. Our physical therapy can help mitigate or eliminate chronic back pain while also working alongside other common back pain treatments.
- Sports Injuries Therapy: Athletes often develop injuries without any accidents or similar noticeable events. The daily strain on joints and muscles can have cumulative effects that result in a devastating loss of or reduction of function in limbs, and other problems. Physical therapy can help repair those injuries faster, prevent them in the long run, and get athletes back into the game.
Common injuries that require physical therapy include:
If an injury is traumatic and affects the patient’s ability to use a limb or part of their body effectively, physical therapy is usually one of the first attempts to remedy the issue due to its non-invasive and highly-effective nature.
However, injuries or recovering from traumatic surgical repairs aren’t the only reasons physical therapy is used. There are many conditions that require physical therapy to help someone learn how to use their body effectively with new, more permanent, restrictions, regain strength, and overcome major challenges.
Patients who have had a limb amputated typically require extensive physical therapy to ensure they learn how to approach even the most basic tasks in new ways that match what their body is now capable of.
The same is true for conditions such as paralysis. Physical therapy can help the individual learn to strengthen the other parts of their bodies that they’ll be relying on more to overcome their unique challenges.
Finally, physical therapy also treats atrophy. When people gain consciousness after a coma, or a serious illness has kept them bedridden for months, physical therapy is often needed to slowly strengthen the body enough to perform normal, everyday tasks.
All of this is meant to address underlying issues and rely on the body’s ability to heal rather than simply using medical intervention for everything. Rather than mask the pain of a back injury for decades, physical therapy helps strengthen the back naturally to reduce pain. The same is true for the vast majority of physical therapy services; getting to the root cause of the issue and treating it creates lasting, optimal, healing.
Services We Offer
At Expert Manual Therapy, we believe in helping the most patients possible. We want to make a lasting impact on the lives of our Austin, Texas neighbors and friends, and to do that, we have developed a comprehensive list of services that can accommodate nearly every need for physical therapy in Austin.
Physical therapy for knee injuries and back injuries tends to be some of our most common services rendered, but it goes well beyond that.
Why Choose Our Physical Therapy Clinic in Austin, TX
Physical therapy can be a tremendous benefit to people from all walks of life, and it’s often the determining factor between recovering successfully or dealing with long-term pain and hardship.
However, where you receive your physical therapy treatment is key. You need a service that offers a comprehensive list of physical therapy services to ensure they can cater to your specific needs, and you need to know that the people administering those services are at the top of their field.
At Expert Manual Therapy, we offer just that.
Our caring staff of medical professionals offers the finest physical therapy services available, and we offer a long list of services to ensure we can help almost anyone in need.
Our focus is on helping you reclaim your life. If you need physical therapy services, contact the best physical therapy clinic in Austin, Texas.