Manual therapy is a key part of physical therapy in general, and it’s usually used side-by-side with PT regimens. This is because, while physical therapy typically attempts to ease the patient into remedying their physical ailments through steadily-paced and well-planned personal action, manual therapy is a more hands-on approach from the service provider.
For example, guiding a patient through exercises to rebuild their leg strength after an accident is physical therapy as everyone knows it. Manual therapy would be more along the lines of the therapist massaging a muscle to relax it, moving it in specific ways to trigger different responses, administering various treatments, and other things that require a professional’s hands-on touch.
Unlike other similar services out there, our manual therapy in Austin is beneficial because it complements the efforts being put in by patients perfectly. While the patient still needs to go through a physical therapy program and put in the effort to complete it, our manual therapy ensures that their efforts aren’t in vain and that the body is recovering appropriately.
Manual therapy is also widely used in the same instances that PT is. It’s used for joint pain, neck pain, back pain, recovery from injuries, and similar issues.
Conditions and Symptoms Treated
Manual therapy is used for a wide variety of symptoms and conditions. Most commonly, it is used to alleviate the symptoms associated with recovering from major injuries. For example, having a shattered knee repaired has long-term effects that require PT to regain full function of the leg again, and it’s a painful process.
Manual therapy is used in that, and many similar situations, to alleviate that pain and support a healthy recovery.
Other conditions that can greatly benefit from manual therapy include:
- chronic joint pain,
- neck pain,
- back pain caused by musculoskeletal conditions,
- a variety of illnesses, past injuries, and even genetics.
This is because manual therapy seeks to deal with the root cause of the issue.
Physical therapy helps you retrain your body, rebuild strength, and relearn how to do things, but manual therapy aims to go right to the source of the problem and tackle it so those efforts don’t make the problem worse or leave it intact in the long term.
Manual therapy can help alleviate inflation, soothe the body into a healing-friendly state, and generally, help the body repair itself while you work on the hands-on parts of the program.
Manual Therapy Services We Offer in Austin, TX
Our manual therapy services in Austin encompass the full spectrum of issues and conditions that typically cause people to seek out physical therapy. Ranging from a number of pain issues to injury recovery and regaining functionality after it’s lost.
Here’s a breakdown of our most commonly issued services.
- Sports Injuries: Injuries occur in sports among all age groups, and they tend to be some of the most difficult injuries to repair since athletes are often trying to maintain their physiques throughout the process, often attempt to push the injury off to continue playing, and other things that make the situation worse. This is where manual therapy helps a lot. It ensures that all of an athlete’s recovery efforts are boosted naturally and more effectively without allowing the injury to keep progressing. This leads to faster recovery and a quicker return to the sport.
- Recovering from Physical Trauma: Car wrecks, workplace accidents, and other similar situations often create physical trauma that leads to long-term pain if the healing process isn’t done efficiently and effectively. Manual therapy is used to ensure that everything is healing appropriately, inflation and other issues are minimized, and more. Again, this leads to a faster recovery, and the recovery is longer-lasting since the root of the problem is dealt with rather than simply teaching the patient to live with it or mask it with medications.
- Chronic Pain: As people age, chronic joint, back, and neck pain all become issues for many. Genetics can also play a role in this with issues such as degenerative spine tissue and other conditions. Manual therapy can help alleviate symptoms and minimize the need for medications that might or might not have their own negative symptoms, and overall, it can help provide the patient with a more natural and enjoyable life despite their chronic issues.
- Knee, Neck, and Spinal Recovery: The knees, neck, and spine tend to be the most commonly repaired parts of the body in a surgical sense, and they also have the most long-term consequences attached to having them repaired. Manual therapy can be crucial to ensuring that post-surgery recovery goes according to plan and the patient can make a swift, effective, recovery. Of course, other parts of the body benefit from manual therapy after surgery, too. These are just the most common recoveries that require therapy to handle properly.
These manual therapy services are often accompanied by dietary guidance, routine management, and of course, physical therapy. Medications and in-office treatments might also be required, but the goal is to minimize the use of pharmaceutical or invasive treatments as much as possible.
Why Choose Our Manual Therapy Clinic in Austin, TX?
When it comes to your choices for manual therapy in Austin, you have a lot to choose from. Many well-developed hospitals offer the service, there are private clinics and other options. So, why choose Expert Manual Therapy?
Our manual therapists are dedicated to the therapy process and that’s what sets Expert Manual Therapy apart.
Manual therapy isn’t just a service among a long list of offerings; it’s our specialty, and our business model is built specifically around providing the manual therapy you need to recover fully and quickly.
We accept patients in need of manual therapy for a full, comprehensive, range of reasons to ensure that anyone in the Austin area can receive the care they need to get better and live a more fulfilling life regardless of knee pain, neck pain, or any other issue requiring manual therapy.
Because we specialize in this form of treatment, you can trust that our staff understands your situation fully and can get to the root of the problem.
Contact us today for your manual therapy needs.